Open page of type "Link to external URL" in new page
User with no HTML-Knowlegde adds a page of type "Link to external URL" and wants it to open in a new page.
- config.extTarget has no effect
- URL must be entered on tab General
- Link Target must be entered on tab Behaviour
- He has to know about _blank (although it does not really matter)
- respect config.extTarget in menues
- add checkbox open in new page
- move Link Target to tab General near URL
TYPO3 CMS 7.6.15
Updated by Riccardo De Contardi almost 4 years ago
Update for this issue; this is the current situation (TYPO3 8.7.8)
config.extTarget works now see https://forge.typo3.org/issues/78151 so it should be solved in the next release
- dropdown with "new window" (i.e. "_blank") is actually already present (TYPO3 v. 8.7: so no need for a checkbox IMO.
- the URL field is still in "General" tab (pagetype "External URL")
Updated by Gerrit Code Review almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Under Review
Patch set 1 for branch master of project Packages/TYPO3.CMS has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/c/Packages/TYPO3.CMS/+/62633