Idea: move some database stored config to files
Here's a longer term idea (proposal): move all backend user configuration away from the database into files, so they can be included in VCS.
I'm thinking about the following tables
- be_users, be_groups, backend_layout (mostly)
- sys_file_storage, sys_filemounts (maybe)
A use case: we have to create a new region on a pagetype, with a new content type
- Create a new content element, for example as an extension, or with ext:mask
- Add a new be_layout column for that item
- Allow the new content element in be user settings, check excludefields
- Get the updated config file from on the server
- Commit everything in one commit
Actually, I'd personally prefer to edit BE user rights in JSON structures instead of endless checkbox lists.
But maybe others don't think so.