Translate Metadata (image): wrong language shown in backend
When you translate the metadata of an image and isert that image, the informations (alt-tag, title tag (desciption isn´t shown (https://forge.typo3.org/issues/81235) anyway) only from the oldest?? language is shown in the backend independent from the language you fill with content. In the frontend everything works fine.
In my case - standard language = german, + spanisch + englisch) - a backend user will see the english metadata when inserting the image, even when using it in german or spanish.
I´ve testet it in TYPO3 8.7.8 and 7.6.x.
Updated by Riccardo De Contardi almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Needs Feedback
I think that it is solved in both 8.7.9 and 9.1.0-dev latest master.
This is my test:
1) TYPO3 fresh installation
2) Two languages (at least); in my case default (Italian) and English (alternative, ID=1)
1) filelist module > upload an image
2) image > Edit metadata (italiano), set
- alternative text
3) translate metadata > translate the previous fields in english
4) page > select a page with 2 translations (Italian, English)
5) add content text & images in default language, add the image uploaded at point 1)
5.1) Result: the title and the alt text (in italian) are shown . Not the description, but it is another issue ;)
6) Translate (in english) > translate mode:translate
6.1) Result: the title and alt texts in english are shown
these results are the same for both the TYPO3 versions. Do you think it is sufficient to consider the issue closed? Or should I perform a different test?
1) For version 9.1.0-dev I also used a third language (french), and I translated the content using translate mode: translate; translate from: Italian,
but the result is still the same
2) when translating the metadata, I noticed that the "alternative text" translated in the alternative language was not prepended with [Translate to: X] text, I will fill an issue for that.
Updated by Alexander Opitz over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Needs Feedback to Closed
No feedback within the last 90 days => closing this issue.
If you think that this is the wrong decision or experience this issue again, then please write to the mailing list typo3.teams.bugs with issue number and an explanation or open a new ticket and add a relation to this ticket number.
Thank you and best regards