Move extendToSubpages checkbox to make its application intuitively clear
pages.extendToSubpages applies to all fields in the "Access" section.
I think. See also Access control: Elements visibility in Editor's Tutorial
Right now, the arrangement of the settings makes it look like it only applies to publish date, expiration date, usergroup etc.
- Move the checkbox to the top into its own section to make it clearer it applies to all
- Rename "Extend to Subpage" to "Extend all Access properties to Subpages"
- Or, if the new text is too long: Add context-sensitive help to this. (didn't we used to have that and what happened to it?)
- Add a comment in core/Configuration/TCA/pages.php
Any of these things might be helpful IMO.
#2 Updated by Riccardo De Contardi 15 days ago
- Subject changed from Move extendToSubpages checkbox to make it's application intuitively clear to Move extendToSubpages checkbox to make its application intuitively clear
- Status changed from New to Closed
I confirm that the option 3) is already present on 9.5.x and its text:
By default the Publication Date, Expiration Date, Usergroup Access Rights, and Page Visibility options only affect the page where they are set. If the option 'Extend to Subpages' is checked for the page, then all subpages are affected as well.
Lists the properties affected.
I close this issue for now - there has been no activity for a very long time on this topic.
If you think that this is the wrong decision, please reopen it or ping me.