Deleting original attachment of a localized record deletes localized attachment
Using TYPO3 8.7.19.
1) Create a tt_content element A of type "Text + Media" in the default language, attaching a picture to it.
2) Localize the container page to another language.
3) Localize the original tt_content element A through Page module and "Translate" button. Localized element B is created with the same picture attached to it as A (different reference id).
4) Edit tt_content element A and delete the reference to the picture.
Result: reference to picture inside element B is deleted too.
Expected behaviour: reference to picture inside element B should be kept.
Updated by Jo Hasenau about 1 month ago
- Priority changed from Should have to Won't have this time
Localizations of references must be deleted, if the translation has been done in "connected mode" via the translate button, since the Default languagew got the lead over the whole strucuture including the target languages.
So you should only be able to keep translated references if the translations have been done in "free mode" via the copy button.
If this is possible, I would consider this issue obsolete.