Allow other tables than "pages" or "tt_content" in Typo3WinBrowserEditor
To allow for this, the following changes would have to be made:
- Adjust the assert function in InspectorComponent.js::renderTypo3WinBrowserEditor(). This is currently hardcoded to either "tt_content" or "pages"
- When selecting an element in the Window Browser, the input element will show the uid of this record. For a more userfriendly experience, it should be possible to configure the field that shall be shown instead in the YAML config. (like nav_title or title for "pages")
- Inside "renderTypo3WinBrowserEditor", the icon for the "buttonLabel" is also hardcoded and would need to be configurable in YAML.
- Possibility to hook in a DataProcessor for a form element in the frontend. (Don't know if it is already possible - didn't check that. But this could be a separate feature)
#8 Updated by Mathias Brodala about 2 months ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- Assignee set to Mathias Brodala
The parts which have been blocking this have been resolved now:
- You can use the record selector with arbitrary tables (#89747)
- You can customize the record selector button icon (#89746)
There is no need for any additional data processor or similar since you will use this either in a custom form element which has a custom partial for rendering or in a custom finisher which has custom logic.
As for the display of a human readable label instead of just the record ID please create a separate ticket. It would certainly make sense to have this and could be inspired by the link field within regular BE forms.