ReferenceIndex doesn't take care if softref value is changed in columnsOverrides for a particular type
It's not possible to override the TCA
softref config option for a specific type of a table.
Real world example:
- Add a new page type
- Override the softref value to
typolinkfor that specific type
- no softref will be added after saving the record due to the fact that the default TCA value for the sofref value
urlwill be used
ToDo(s) / Questions¶
- Of course it would be really cool when the ReferenceIndex supports "each" type of "TCA overriding ways"
- On the other side it does not hurt if I override the default value in my extension, since it will be O.K. that softref checks for multiple types of soft references
Updated by Oliver Bartsch about 1 year ago
The evaluation taking place in
doesn't consider the
like you would get it from the FormDataProviders but directly accesses
the columns config without further processing of e.g. columnsOverrides or OverrideChildTca.
$conf = $GLOBALS['TCA'][$table]['columns'][$field]['config'];
Updated by Christian Kuhn 10 months ago
- Status changed from New to Rejected
Sorry, I'll have to reject this: columnsOverrides and overrideChildTca only work for 'display' related properties (FormEngine only), they are not at all taken into account in data handling scenarios.
This restriction isn't that great, but won't change anytime soon. Both properties are also documented that they have this restriction.