Project

General

Profile

Actions

Bug #91781

closed

Language Fallback Chain is not working in custom Extension

Added by Sacha P. Suter almost 4 years ago. Updated about 2 months ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Should have
Assignee:
-
Category:
Extbase
Target version:
-
Start date:
2020-07-10
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
TYPO3 Version:
10
PHP Version:
7.4
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
Sprint Focus:

Description

We have an TYPO3 V10 installation with 4 languages. German, english, french and chinese.
The default language is german. The fallback language for chinese, which is defined in the site module, is english.

In our Extension, the main objects are translated in all languages. All subobjects are linked via the TCA with «'l10n_mode' => 'exclude'». Those subobjects are translated as well and contains some files. Only the chinese subobjects are not translated, bacaus there are no chinese files at all.

In the frontend the german, englisch and french files are displayed correctly, because they are translated. But in the chinese version, we always get the german files (default language), even though the fallback language is set to english.


Related issues 2 (0 open2 closed)

Related to TYPO3 Core - Feature #97926: Use LanguageAspect in Extbase PersistenceClosedBenni Mack2022-07-13

Actions
Related to TYPO3 Core - Feature #88137: Create multi-step fallback for content and arbitrary recordsClosed2022-07-13

Actions
Actions #1

Updated by marco link over 2 years ago

Hello,

have you found a solution for that?

We got a similar problem here. Values wich are set as fallback are not recognized at all.

Best regards

Actions #2

Updated by Benni Mack about 1 year ago

  • Status changed from New to Needs Feedback

Proper language Fallback should now be incorporated in TYPO3 v12 - even with multiple languages. Can you recheck?

Actions #3

Updated by Benni Mack 7 months ago

  • Status changed from Needs Feedback to Closed

Closing this issue due to lack of feedback. The problem should be gone in v12 IMHO, let me know if this problem still occurs and I will re-open the issue.

Actions #4

Updated by Philipp Parzer 4 months ago

could you please specify what was fixed?
can this be backported?
we got the problem in a V11 and the upgrade is planned for next year

Actions #5

Updated by Benni Mack 4 months ago

In TYPO3 v12, we use the LanguageAspect (breaking change) in the query settings, see

this change: https://review.typo3.org/c/Packages/TYPO3.CMS/+/75093

then we can enable multi-level fallback handling for content: https://review.typo3.org/c/Packages/TYPO3.CMS/+/67893

Actions #6

Updated by Benni Mack 4 months ago

  • Related to Feature #97926: Use LanguageAspect in Extbase Persistence added
Actions #7

Updated by Benni Mack 4 months ago

  • Related to Feature #88137: Create multi-step fallback for content and arbitrary records added
Actions #8

Updated by Gerrit Code Review about 2 months ago

  • Status changed from Closed to Under Review

Patch set 1 for branch main of project Packages/TYPO3.CMS has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/c/Packages/TYPO3.CMS/+/84017

Actions #9

Updated by Gerrit Code Review about 2 months ago

Patch set 1 for branch 12.4 of project Packages/TYPO3.CMS has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/c/Packages/TYPO3.CMS/+/83981

Actions #10

Updated by David Hedden about 2 months ago

  • Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF