- "Flush cache" in Maintenance module
- Shift-reload (e.g. CTRL-SHIFT-r)
Instead, you have to flush entire browser cache to get them reloaded.
The backend files are not loaded with a hash, for example the URL for PageTreeToolbar.js is:
The hash-value for bust does not change, when the file changes.
- get latest 9.5 git branch
- perform all cleanup operations (composer install, "flush cache", relogin etc.)
- open Developer Tools: console
- load the page tree
- save the URL for this file as it was loaded
- install a patch or just make a small change to the file (e.g. add console.log to file PageTreeToolbar.js line 174)
- do all actions of 2 again, but do not flush entire browser cache
- load page tree
- save the URL for the JS file as it was loaded
The URL for PageTreeToolbar.js is the same before and after the change.
If it is not explicitly reloaded (e.g SHIFT-reload on this URL or flush entire browser cache), the old version will still be used.
After the change, the log message will not be shown.
- TYPO3 9 (latest)
- Apache webserver
- mod_expires configuration as in default .htaccess from core
... Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 08:28:42 GMT Last-Modified: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 08:02:27 GMT Cache-Control: max-age=31536000 Expires: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 08:28:42 GMT ...
URL of static assets should change if file changes.
The (current) behaviour effectively means BE users must flush their browser cache after a TYPO3 update.
Updated by Sybille Peters 5 months ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
It seems that the bust parameter is changed, when the version changes, see https://forge.typo3.org/issues/89086
I think this is ok.
It might make sense to add information about bust parameter and caching behaviour to the docs, though, see https://github.com/TYPO3-Documentation/TYPO3CMS-Reference-CoreApi/issues/1273