Workspace: No content elements in preview if live page has endtime in the past
1) Have a plain TYPO3 installation
2) Create a draft Workspace
3) Create a page in live mode
4) Add a content element to that page
5) Set the expiration date of the page to something in the past and save
6) Switch to draft Workspace
7) Remove the expiration date from the page
8) Save and preview the page
You should be able to see page and its content elements.
You'll be able to view the page but no content elements appear.
When playing around with that, consider the different things that happen if fiddling with the 'simulate time' box in the admin panel in live and workspace preview, and the live version of the page in workspace preview if using the slider.