Where is configuration of plugin.tx_seo TS in sysext seo docs?
We have a SEO chapter in "TYPO3 Explained" consisting of:
Then we have the separate SEO documentation for the SEO system extension (which was added later on).
For example, the TypoScript configuration of the sitemap is done in plugin.tx_seo, but it is explained in "TYPO3 EXplained", not in the sysext docuemntation. Actually, that part mostly covers the xmlSitemapDataProvider.
I did not find anything about plugin.tx_seo in the seo sysext docs.
Instead, it covers the site configuration which is not even the scope of the extension.
Use case 1:
- Wanted to configure sitemap. Found https://usetypo3.com/xml-sitemap-in-typo3.html which is an excellent resource. Then I looked in the docs. What I did NOT find:
- explanation of the various parameters of plugin.tx_seo (as is done in usetypo3)
- plugin.tx_seo explanation in seo sysext docs.
Updated by Sybille Peters 4 months ago
to clarify some more:
- what I mostly find confusing is that the configuration of plugin.tx_seo is not in the "seo" system extension documentation
- that the sitemap configuration in the core does document the plugin.tx_seo options but it is under the header "XmlSitemapDataProviders", not configuration. (Also, the scope of "TYPO3 Explained" is mostly for development, so the setting up with TypoScript probably is better left to plugin.tx_seo)
- This separation into several places makes it really difficult to contribute because for a lot of changes you have to first figure out where to put it and then you start to question the structure in general.