Usability: after editing WS versions, go back to the previously showed list view
Steps to reproduce:
1. Switch to the draft workspace.
2. In the list view, click on a table name to only show records from that table.
3. Edit a record to create a new version.
4. Click on the yellow "1" to go to the list of versions of that record.
5. Click on the "back to list view" icon (the second icon from the left).
The list view of only the previously selected table is shown (and, even better, even the selected page of the list view, see issue #0006191).
The list view of all tables on that page is shown.
(issue imported from #M6192)
#2 Updated by Christian Kuhn almost 11 years ago
Taking a deeper look I was unable to find a simple way on how to solve this in a consistent way:
The button says "Show record list". It does not say "Return to previous chosen list view". So the button reacts exactly the same as a click on the list item in the main module menu. One could say this issue is not a bug at all ;-)
- My preferred solution is to remove the "Show record list" icon. It's probably impossible to make it always react like the user expected, especially if the versioning module was called from different sources (from clickmenu in page tree, from main module list, from list modul, ...). I guess most people don't use the icon anyway. We could then still fix / use the returnUrl handling in the versioning module and add a "Go back" button to the docheader like its done for the "History / undo" module.
- A way to fix the icon link could be to add an additional GET parameter "singleview=1" if the module is called from list module single view, keep this param through all follow up links in the versioning module, and set the table=xy param for the icon link if that parameter was present. Awful hack, I won't do that.
- Another way would be to add the returnUrl parameter to the link in the list view (like it's also done for the history / undo show_rechis module), fix / review the current messing with the returnUrl handling in the versioning module, and correct the "Show record list" icon link to take the returnUrl parameter into account if it included "db_list.php" and "table=xy" or something. That is also awful and wouldn't help too much from a usability point of view.
I could compile a (trivial) patch to completely remove the icon from the docheader, but I will currently not dig any deeper into the returnUrl handling of the versioning module. That is just too much trouble for this tiny icon ...