EM considers 0.8.0 to be have a higher number than 1.0.0
This bug concerns the sorting of version numbers and the update function.
A) Sorting of version numbers:
1. In the EM, select "Import".
2. Enter ameos_formidable.
3. In the search result, click on the extension title.
4. Next to "Load details", open the drop-down list with the version numbers.
B) the update mechanism
1. Install ameos_formidable 0.7.0.
2. In the EM, select "Check for extension updated".
The updater offers to update ameos_formidable to the latest version 1.0.0.
The updater offers to update ameos_formidable to the no-latest version 0.8.0.
When ameos_formidable 0.8.0 is installed, the updater show ameos to be up-to-date.
Interestingly, when you use import_extensions with 0.8.0 installed, the result list will show you the green "update" icon, allowing you to upgrade from 0.8.0 to 1.0.0.
(issue imported from #M8158)