IFSUB and friends are ignoring the l18n_cfg field of the page record
The l18n_cfg field is used to disable the default language record or any alternative language records which haven't a page translation. At the first glance it seems to work like expected, because the expected page records are not visible in the menu. If we have a closer look at this part, we will find out that it's badly ignored for the record states IFSUB and friends. This causes that a page record which has no visible sub pages is marked with the IFSUB state.
How to reproduce?
1) Create the following page structure:
- first parent page
- first sub page
- second parent page
- first sub page
2) Add a translation for each of the parent records
3) Set the l18n_cfg field to each of the sub pages (it's not really important which setting or combintation)
4) Create a menu with IFSUB states applied
5) Test the result in the frontend
(issue imported from #M10285)
Updated by Ernesto Baschny over 11 years ago
- Category changed from Communication to Frontend
- Status changed from Needs Feedback to Accepted
- Target version set to 1061
No feedback is required, just someone to push it to Gerrit and some guys to review that.
After submit to master, it should also be backported to at least 4.5 and probably also the 4.4 branch. If the same patch applies to 4.3 too, would also be a candidate "while someone is at it".
Updated by Martin Terber almost 11 years ago
Steffen Gebert wrote:
Great! If you run into trouble, just ask on the typo3-dev or typo3-teams-core mailing list!
Well, I actually ran into trouble, but didn't have the time to articulate the problems.
Thanks to Mr. Hudson for pushing this. Next time it's on me :).