Bug #24061

styles.content.get is empty when dbal extension is installed

Added by Armin Vieweg over 9 years ago. Updated over 1 year ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Must have
Assignee:
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
2010-11-15
Due date:
% Done:

0%

TYPO3 Version:
PHP Version:
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
Sprint Focus:

Description

Using TYPO3 4.5.0-alpha3, CSS-styled-content and dbal-extension let the content output be empty.

The variable styles.content.get in typoscript is empty, but "hello world" tests are working.

When I uninstall the dbal extension the output already works, the reinstallation lets the style.content.get variable be empty again.

I guess, that other variables of css-styled-content are not working too. i.e. style.content.getLeft, ...

Installed Versions:
typo3 - 4.5.0-alpha3
dbal - 1.2.0alpha3
css_styled_content 1.0.0
(issue imported from #M16397)


Related issues

Duplicates TYPO3 Core - Bug #24115: When dbal is activated, styles.content.get (and others) doesn't work anymore (empty result) Closed 2010-11-18

History

#1 Updated by Jo Hasenau over 9 years ago

can't reproduce the bug with current TYPO3 beta1, DBAL 1.2.0 beta1 and CSC 1.0.0

Any other information about the "buggy" environment?

#2 Updated by Oliver Klee over 9 years ago

I've narrowed this done a bit. I've uninstalled all non-required extension except for the following ones:

- dbal
- extdeveval
- reports
- lowlevel
- install
- belog
- beuser
- setup
- info_pagetsconfig
- list
- tstemplate
- tstemplate_*
- css_styled_content
- adodb
- t3skin

This is the minimal TS setup which I've used to test:

page = PAGE
page.10 = TEXT
page.10 < styles.content.get

The output in the body HTML element is like this for a single content element:

&lt;!--  CONTENT ELEMENT, uid:255/text [begin] --&gt; 
&lt;div id="c255" class="csc-default" &gt;
&lt;!-- Header: [begin] --&gt;
&lt;div class="csc-header csc-header-n1"&gt;&lt;h1 class="csc-firstHeader"&gt;Hello world!&lt;/h1&gt;&lt;/div&gt;
&lt;!-- Header: [end] --&gt;
&lt;!--  Text: [begin] --&gt; 
&lt;p class="bodytext"&gt;Welcome, everybody!&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;!-- Text: [end] --&gt;
&lt;/div&gt;
&lt;!-- CONTENT ELEMENT, uid:255/text [end] --&gt;

... with the following versions:

- Core 4.4branch
- Core 4.5alpha1, DBAL 1.2.0alpha1
- Core 4.5alpha2, DBAL 1.2.0alpha2

With the following versions ...:

- Core 4.5alpha3, DBAL 1.2.0alpha3
- Core 4.5beta1, DBAL 1.2.0beta1

... the output within the body is completely empty.

#3 Updated by Oliver Klee over 9 years ago

So this broke between alpha2 and alpha3.

#4 Updated by Jo Hasenau over 9 years ago

Well - here it works with Core 4.5beta1, DBAL 1.2.0beta1
and all system extensions installed (except the 3 auth services)

extedeveval is not installed but even after installing it the output works as expected.

So the difference might be
a) the system (ours is WIN7 pro + xampp)
b) the order in which the extensions are installed

#5 Updated by Jo Hasenau over 9 years ago

or maybe the number of available pages - here we got just one

#6 Updated by Jo Hasenau over 9 years ago

tested it with a subpage of the page holding the template, and still it works with activated DBAL

Moved DBAL to the beginning and end of both extlist entries in localconf.php - same result.

#7 Updated by Oliver Klee over 9 years ago

I'm not 100% sure anymore about this being broken with beta1 (now that Ernesto told me that this has been fixed last-minute before beta1) ... I'll retest.

#8 Updated by Benni Mack over 1 year ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF