Bug #47135

[TYO3 6.0.4]: Can't update TYPO3 Extension Repository (TER)...

Added by René no-lastname-given over 6 years ago. Updated about 4 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Must have
Assignee:
-
Category:
Extension Manager
Target version:
-
Start date:
2013-04-11
Due date:
% Done:

0%

TYPO3 Version:
6.0
PHP Version:
5.3
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
No
Sprint Focus:

Description

Hello community,

if i go to the "Extension Manager"
and there on "Get Extensions"
and then click to the link "Retrieving Extension-List from TYPO3 Extension Repository (TER)" i become the follow Error Message:

"{"updated":false,"message":"last update: 2012-08-29 (0 extensions)","errorMessage":"Could not access remote resource http:\/\/repositories.typo3.org\/mirrors.xml.gz."}".

To call the link to the file "mirrors.xml.gz" manually (without the last ".") the file could be downloaded.

It's a fresh downloaded and installed system at 2013-04-08.

Reason: i want to install the "TemplaVoila", which i can't find, if the list wouldn't loaded.

I'm happy about every help i could get.

Best regards,
René

(Translated by translate.google.de)

History

#1 Updated by Alban Cousinie over 6 years ago

Same problem here. I just installed a fresh Typo3 6.04 on a server with running other existing Typo3 4.5 installations without problem. The new extension manager won't retreive the extensions list, and the translation manager fails as well.
I tried an alternate method by activating curluse=1 in the configuration, without success ...

Retreiving http://repositories.typo3.org/mirrors.xml.gz from the command line works perfectly, so this is the new extension manager that screws up.

#2 Updated by Kai Tallafus over 6 years ago

Can you check if you have sqlDebug enabled in the InstallTool? If yes, try disabling it! I had the same problem and this solved it for me.

#3 Updated by Martin Vennemann over 6 years ago

Confirmed, disabling sqlDebug did indeed solve the issue for me. Thanks Kai!

#4 Updated by René no-lastname-given over 6 years ago

Unfortunately it does not work for me.
I have changed the value of "2" to "0", still appears to me to be the same error message ...

Best regards,
René

(Translated by translate.google.de)

#5 Updated by Freddy Kühne over 5 years ago

It might be necessary to enable "allow_url_fopen" within your providers config...

#6 Updated by Benjamin no-lastname-given about 5 years ago

I do have the same problem with 6.2.4.
- "allow_url_fopen" ist on, but "allow_url_include" is off.
- wget "http://repositories.typo3.org/mirrors.xml.gz" in the command line works fine.
- sqlDebug is "0"
- no php error in the logs

---> ok, got it running:
After installing curl it worked!
I suggest the solution for this ticket is to implement a fallback if curl is not installed or improve detection of curl!
In the install-tool there was no warning that curl is missing or required!

#7 Updated by John Doe about 5 years ago

I have tried loading the extension list numerous times in 6.2.4 , and the loading process appears to abort randomly after a few seconds.
I am running Windows 7x64 with Xampp 1.8.2 with PHP: 5.4.16.
- Curl is installed and operational.
- allow_url_fopen = On
- During the installation of Typo3 6.2.4 it was required to set my max_execution_time to 240, which was done.

In short: I performed every required and suggested modification.

- My PHP error log showed that these 4 minutes were exceeded. Excuse me ?
- I set max_execution_time to 600.

At some point I decided to wipe the field "last_update" in MySQL table "tx_extensionmanager_domain_model_repository".
After this, the last update time was expectedly showing "never".

I clicked the "Update" button in the extension manager repeatedly after it simply quit whatever it was doing.
After doing this 10 or more times, I noticed that my CPU fan became louder (An indication that the machine is doing something that is wasn't before)
Et voila, after about 5 minutes I was presented with an update message stating: last update 1 minute ago. Hooray !
The list of extensions was displayed shortly after, and I was able to install an extension.

All of this somehow makes me think of race conditions in the code. Process A is executed somewhere, and at the same time process B is executed, which depends on the result of process A, which takes too long, and therefore process B never receives an expected result, unless you click that update button often enough for process B to slow down.

#8 Updated by Wouter Wolters over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Needs Feedback
  • Is Regression set to No

Hi,

does the problem still exists within newer versions of TYPO3 CMS (6.2.12)?

#9 Updated by Kai Tallafus over 4 years ago

I never encountered this problem again. My latest installation was 6.2.12 and it worked fine.

#10 Updated by Riccardo De Contardi over 4 years ago

so, do you think this can be closed?

#11 Updated by Kai Tallafus over 4 years ago

from my point of view, yes.
last time I had this was in some 6.0.x versions, never in 6.1.x (iirc) and never in 6.2.x...

#12 Updated by Riccardo De Contardi over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Needs Feedback to Closed

Thank you; I close it for now.

If you think that this is the wrong decision or experience this issue again, then please write to the mailing list typo3.teams.bugs with issue number and an explanation or open a new ticket and add a relation to this ticket number.

#13 Updated by Paul A. Auwehla about 4 years ago

Installed a fresh typo3 6.2.12.
All went well and fast.
I can see the backend with the empty page-list.
But when trying to fetch the pre configured package list
or get the extension list I got this error message.

curlUse = 1 in the SYS part of Localconf...
does solve the problem.

I did follow the link in the errormessage ;-))

Also available in: Atom PDF