FAL Migration not applied to file links in tt_content bodytext
It seems that all file links in tt_content bodytext are not migrated to point to the corresponding sys_file record. They are migrated once you open the content element in the backend but not in the Install tool update wizard which cares only for files in tt_content.image.
This means, that all file links that are not yet migrated won't reflect renaming of folders and files. If the path of a file changed the content elements are not accessible anymore due to #37409
You can easily destroy a whole site by just renaming one folder in the file list module...
To make it clear:
After running the update wizard the links still look like this (can be seen only in the database):
<link fileadmin/Downloads2/MyFile.pdf - download "Initiates file download">MyFile</link>
but should look like this:
<link file:12345 - download "Initiates file download">MyFile</link>
I'm not sure if that is a regression or if it was always like this, since I didn't find any code for that in the update wizard.
Updated by Francois Suter about 8 years ago
You don't need to have a full TYPO3 installation to upgrade to test this patch. Here are some steps for testing (after having applied the patch):
1) pick some file in your fileadmin folder (say "foo/bar.pdf").
2) edit some tt_content element directly in a database tool and insert something like:
<link fileadmin/foo/bar.pdf>Test file link</link>
in the "bodytext" field.
3) update the sys_refindex index
4) go to the upgrade wizard, the File links update wizard should tell you that there's 1 link (at least) to update
5) run the File links update wizard. It should show the update queries.
6) check the content of the tt_content element in the database. The link should have been transformed to:
<link file:xxx>Test file link</link>