Bug #55905

Epic #47018: Implement Composer support and clean package manager API

In some matter the package manager duplicates entries in PackageState which leads to fatals

Added by Steffen Ritter over 5 years ago. Updated almost 5 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Should have
Assignee:
-
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
2014-02-12
Due date:
% Done:

0%

TYPO3 Version:
6.2
PHP Version:
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
No
Sprint Focus:

Description

Upon installing an extension which dependencies could not be resolved I ended up with

"Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'TYPO3\Flow\Package\Exception\InvalidPackageStateException' with message 'Package "filemetadata" is already registered.' "

In the packagestates file entries for sysexts where duplicated... needed to delete the packagestates file.


Related issues

Duplicated by TYPO3 Core - Bug #55963: Fatal error when upgrading to 6.2 beta 5 Closed 2014-02-13

History

#1 Updated by Ernesto Baschny over 5 years ago

  • Parent task set to #47018

#2 Updated by Thomas Maroschik over 5 years ago

  • Assignee set to Thomas Maroschik

Could you help me to reproduce the issue? The EM just told me that an unresolvable dependency could not be installed from TER.

Are you using composer files for your extensions yet?

#3 Updated by Steffen Ritter over 5 years ago

Yes composer.json present

a, had solr master installed version 3.0.0-dev

b, wanted to install solrfal

ext_emconf.php depency: typo3 6.2.0-6.2.99
solr: '3.0.0'

composer.json depency
php >= 5.3.7

solr could not be fulfilled because it is -dev....
Trying the second time I had a totatlly messed up PackageStates.php

#4 Updated by Markus Klein over 5 years ago

  • Assignee deleted (Thomas Maroschik)

Have a look at #55963 as well.

#5 Updated by Markus Klein over 5 years ago

  • Assignee set to Thomas Maroschik

#6 Updated by Martin Holtz about 5 years ago

Hi,

i got the same issue, while updating from Beta4 to Beta6

PackageStates.php: has two entries for filemetadata

    'typo3.cms.filemetadata' =>
    array (
      'manifestPath' => '',
      'composerName' => 'typo3/cms/filemetadata',
      'state' => 'inactive',
      'packagePath' => 'typo3/sysext/filemetadata/',
      'classesPath' => 'Classes/',
    ),


and
    'filemetadata' =>
    array (
      'manifestPath' => '', 
      'composerName' => 'typo3/cms-filemetadata',
      'state' => 'inactive',
      'packagePath' => 'typo3/sysext/filemetadata/',
      'classesPath' => 'Classes/',
    ),

#7 Updated by Markus Klein about 5 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Needs Feedback

IMHO having such a "breaking change" inbetween beta versions is ok. Nobody guarantees that upgrading in between them is supported.

Steffen, if you agree I'd suggest to close this.

#8 Updated by mathias petermann about 5 years ago

I got exactly the same problem (two filemetadata entries in PackageStates.php), upgrading from 6.1.5 to 6.2.2.

So the problem, not only exists between Beta versions, but also when upgrading from a Stable Release.

#9 Updated by Markus Klein about 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Needs Feedback to Accepted

Can you give us any hint how to reproduce this

#10 Updated by mathias petermann almost 5 years ago

I'm sorry, forget what I wrote above. It doesn't happen, if you properly update from 6.1 to 6.2.

One of my colleagues pushed a PackageStates.php file, he created with RC1, which lead to my problems during upgrade.

#11 Updated by Markus Klein almost 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Accepted to Closed
  • Assignee deleted (Thomas Maroschik)

Also available in: Atom PDF