Backend Login not successful with correct password
When I edit some of my be_user properties in list-module, there are some ** in the password field. I think they are a problem, because after saving my be_user record I have a new unworking Hash value in my record.
Updated by Nicole Cordes over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Under Review to Needs Feedback
Thanks for your feedback.
Updated by Stefan Froemken over 5 years ago
I have two TYPO3 instances. One with many activated extensions and one without any foreign extension.
I have the problem in Google Chrome and in FireFox.
I don't have OpenId Extension activated.
Xdebug told me that 8 stars are in request POST.
BUT: Following seems to happen in slooooow motion:
- I click on save icon
- after ~0.5 seconds the stars in password field hides. So I see an empty password field
- The other form fields are still filled
- Some milliseconds further the page reloads
- I see the edit form again
Tell me where I can find the script to clear this field and I will try to debug it.
Updated by Anja Leichsenring over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Needs Feedback to Accepted
verified, the problem exists and can be reproduced by editing any be_users record, while not touching the password field. Changing any other field and saving the data leads to a changed PW containing only asteriks.