Disable "rename" field on file mounts for editors
Observed with TYPO3 6.2
An editor can rename the directory of a file mount without being able to rename the directory physically thus disabling the file mount. This should not be possible for an editor.
1. As admin create directory in filelist.
2. As admin create filemount and connect it to that directory.
3. Create editor and connect him with that file mount.
4. Change to editor, go to filelist and right click on the file mount.
5. You will be shown the possiblity to rename the filemount. The editor thinks he can rename the label of the filemount. But in reality he changes the directory the filemount is connected to and thus destroys the filemount.
a) The rename field should point to the label of the file mount. Or:
b) Hide the rename field for the editor. Or:
c) Make this field configurable in the editors access list.
Updated by Riccardo De Contardi over 4 years ago
I performed some tests with 6.2.30, 7.6.16 and 8.7.1-dev (latest master) and these are the results:
1) This issue still affects both 6.2.30 and 7.6.16
1.1) You need to assign at least TWO filemounts to your editor to reproduce this issue!
- filemount "A"
- filemount "B"
1.2) if you right-click on "A" the menu will show these items:
Turn Offline Edit Upload Files New Info Delete
1.3) if you right-click on "B" (or all the subsequent filemounts if present) the menu will show these items:
Rename Upload Files New Copy Cut Delete
2) this issue seems solved for 8.7.1-dev (latest master).
2.1) If you right-click all the filemounts you will obtain only two items on the menu:
New Upload File