Edit Icon shown in list view despite user not having write permission for table
The list view shows an "edit" icon for records in a table even when the current user does not have write permissions for that table (for example, domain records). When clicked, a spinner shows but the view is never loaded.
So, there should be no icon if the user does not have write permission for that table.
#2 Updated by Riccardo De Contardi almost 2 years ago
- File belayout_listing.png View added
- File attempt_modify.png View added
- File attempt_delete.png View added
- File attempt_hide.png View added
This still affects 9.0.0-dev (latest master) as far as I can see.
Steps to reproduce
1) create a usergroup that can list backend_layouts but cannot modify them
2) assign a user
3) create some backend layouts in a sysfolder that the group can access
Results: As you can see, the "edit", "hide" and "delete" button are still visible
- if you try to modify the record, the result is a grey infinite spinning page:
- if you try to hide the record the icon will be replaced with the spin, but an error message is shown
- if you try to delete the record, an error message is shown:
Maybe it would be better to hide or disable the icons, but the error messages are correct.