Bug #87022

Localization Utility use the full path for locallang files

Added by Matthias Toscanelli about 2 years ago. Updated over 1 year ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Must have
Assignee:
-
Category:
Localization
Target version:
-
Start date:
2018-11-28
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
TYPO3 Version:
9
PHP Version:
7.2
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
Sprint Focus:

Description

In TYPO3 v9, the class "LocalizationUtility" has been totally rewritten and use now the full path to store cache in LOCAL_LANG.

This bug has at least 2 impact:
  • Locallang files can't be overridden with
    $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SYS']['locallangXMLOverride']
  • LOCAL_LANG cache is dependent to current installation path.

To fix this bug, only one line has to be removed:
(TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Utility\LocalizationUtility:89)

$languageFilePath = GeneralUtility::getFileAbsFileName($languageFilePath);

The absolute path is not required because, "LocalizationFactory" resolves the path before parsing Locallang file.
(TYPO3\CMS\Core\Localization\LocalizationFactory:122)


Related issues

Related to TYPO3 Core - Feature #82354: Add possibility to get a label in a specific language in LocalizationUtility::translate()ClosedMarkus Hölzle2017-09-07

Actions
Is duplicate of TYPO3 Core - Bug #86683: locallangXMLOverride not working due to incorrect language file pathClosed2018-10-18

Actions
#1

Updated by Riccardo De Contardi almost 2 years ago

Is this issue still present? I tried to look in the core file for the string GeneralUtility::getFileAbsFileName($languageFilePath) without finding it.

Moreover the file typo3/sysext/extbase/Classes/Utility/LocalizationUtility.php reads at line 87:

            $languageFilePath = static::getLanguageFilePath($extensionName);
#2

Updated by DANIEL Rémy almost 2 years ago

  • Related to Feature #82354: Add possibility to get a label in a specific language in LocalizationUtility::translate() added
#3

Updated by DANIEL Rémy almost 2 years ago

  • Is duplicate of Bug #86683: locallangXMLOverride not working due to incorrect language file path added
#4

Updated by DANIEL Rémy almost 2 years ago

The issue is not present on last version TYPO3 9, it was fixed in #86683

#5

Updated by Riccardo De Contardi over 1 year ago

  • Status changed from New to Closed

Thank you and sorry for this late reply;

I close this issue as solved on 9.5.x; If you think that this is the wrong decision, please reopen it or ping me.

Also available in: Atom PDF