Prevent duplicate redirects in auto redirects
Link Handling, Site Handling & Routing
Case "Auto redirect": (>= v10.1)
An editor changes the slug of a page several times back and forth. A redirect is always created, no matter if it already exists.
Optimal would be a hash value which is created from all 8 values.
- Related to Task #89325: Prevent duplicate redirects in backend module added
- Related to Task #89301: Streamline automatic slug & redirects handling added
- Status changed from New to Accepted
- Assignee set to Frank Naegler
I can add to this:
- Page with name 'page' and slug '/page'
- Change slug to '/page-with-new-slug'
- A redirect is created now
- If you now recalculate the slug, it will say '/page' again
- Accessing '/page' will give you a redirect loop in frontend
Also available in: Atom