Bug #34884

Performance problem with live serach and be_acl

Added by Peter Russ almost 10 years ago. Updated almost 5 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Should have
Assignee:
-
Category:
Miscellaneous
Target version:
-
Start date:
2012-03-15
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
TYPO3 Version:
4.5
PHP Version:
5.3
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
No
Sprint Focus:

Description

Due to problems in Backend live search in combination with be_acl we figured out that there is a lot of room to improve the code.
Especially we did the following fixes:
  • reduce overhead: we check before we render the pagetree if page-id is already in the pagelist: this is pretty handy for admins
  • we added a hook to the function getAvailablePageIds: e.g. be_acl holds all the information about pages that a BE-User has right to access. There is no need to calculate ist again and again.

Files

t3lib_search_livesearch.patch (3.19 KB) t3lib_search_livesearch.patch Peter Russ, 2012-03-15 15:41
#1

Updated by Oliver Hader almost 10 years ago

Could you please push your patch to review.typo3.org, so that other's can test and review your contribution?
Get further information on how to do this here: http://wiki.typo3.org/Contribution_Walkthrough_Tutorials

Besides that, your patch changes some API calls (e.g. from comma-separate-list to array), thus a check whether an array/string is given seems to be required for backwards compatibility...

#2

Updated by Georg Ringer almost 10 years ago

be aware that be_acl itself has great problems with performance if you got many acl records in your system.

#3

Updated by Peter Russ almost 10 years ago

@Georg: we aware of that. be_acl is completely refactored using caching framework. that the reason why we request the patch in t3lib_search_livesearch.

#4

Updated by Ernesto Baschny over 9 years ago

  • Target version deleted (4.5.14)

Sounds nice! But please consider targetting TYPO3 6.0, as the current plan is not to add any new features (or hooks) to 4.5.

#5

Updated by Mathias Schreiber about 7 years ago

  • Priority changed from Must have to Should have
  • Target version set to 7.4 (Backend)
  • Is Regression set to No
#6

Updated by Susanne Moog over 6 years ago

  • Target version changed from 7.4 (Backend) to 7.5
#7

Updated by Benni Mack over 6 years ago

  • Target version changed from 7.5 to 7 LTS
#8

Updated by Mathias Schreiber about 6 years ago

  • Target version deleted (7 LTS)
#9

Updated by Christian Kuhn almost 5 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Closed

the performance issue of be_acl is a side effect of the ineffective tree implementation. this can not be solved easily and may adapt later if we implement a quicker tree. this will be done in own issues and this one here is closed for now.

Also available in: Atom PDF