Bug #51182

Depending on the latest version throws exception

Added by Jan Kiesewetter over 7 years ago. Updated over 2 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Must have
Assignee:
-
Category:
Extension Manager
Target version:
-
Start date:
2013-08-19
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
TYPO3 Version:
6.1
PHP Version:
Tags:
Complexity:
easy
Is Regression:
No
Sprint Focus:

Description

If i depend on the very latest version of an extension which has to be loaded from TER an exception is throw:
Could not resolve dependency for "realurl"
My depends array:

'depends' => array(
    'typo3' => '6.1.0-0.0.0',
    'extbase' => '6.1.0-0.0.0',
    'fluid' => '6.1.0-0.0.0',
    'linkvalidator' => '6.1.0-0.0.0',
    'opendocs' => '6.1.0-0.0.0',
    'recycler' => '6.1.0-0.0.0',
    'scheduler' => '6.1.0-0.0.0',
    'realurl' => '1.12.6-0.0.0'
),

Same if i skip the '-0.0.0'.

If i change the dependency to '1.12.5-0.0.0' the extension manager loads version 1.12.6 and it works.


Files

testpackage_0.0.1.zip (1.59 KB) testpackage_0.0.1.zip Jan Kiesewetter, 2013-08-20 14:53

Related issues

Related to TYPO3 Core - Bug #48082: Uploading local extension doesn't honor dependenciesClosedAlexander Opitz2013-05-09

Actions
Related to TYPO3 Core - Bug #58455: Typo3 TER / Extension Manager different dependencies in ext_emconf.php fileClosed2014-05-03

Actions
Related to TYPO3 Core - Bug #58474: Invalid dependency is not hinted to the developerClosed2014-05-04

Actions
#1

Updated by Philipp Gampe over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Needs Feedback

For easy testing, please add a little test extension (just em_conf and required files).

#2

Updated by Jan Kiesewetter over 7 years ago

Here is a testpackage with:

'depends' => array(
    'typo3' => '6.1.0-0.0.0',
    'extbase' => '6.1.0-0.0.0',
    'fluid' => '6.1.0-0.0.0',
    'realurl' => '1.12.6-0.0.0'
),

#3

Updated by Alexander Opitz over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Needs Feedback to New

Verified with latest trunk.

#4

Updated by Philipp Gampe over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Accepted
  • Priority changed from Should have to Must have
  • Complexity set to easy
#5

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Accepted to Under Review

Patch set 1 for branch master has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/23858

#6

Updated by Robert Vock over 7 years ago

I fixed the off-by-one error.

The query now uses greaterThanOrEqual() for the lowest version and lessThanOrEqual() for the highest version.

I am not quite sure, if lessThanOrEqual() for the highest version is correct. IS the highest version inclusive or exclusive?
This patch treats the highest version as inclusive, so it works with versions like TYPO3 4.7.99.

There is also another Bug when the extension repository never was updated.
You get the following Exception:

The extension realurl is not available from TER. 

It would be better to show an info to the user, that he should update the extension repository. (Reported as #52051 )

#7

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 7 years ago

Patch set 2 for branch master has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/23673

#8

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 7 years ago

Patch set 3 for branch master has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/23673

#9

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 7 years ago

Patch set 1 for branch TYPO3_6-1 has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/24126

#10

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 7 years ago

Patch set 1 for branch TYPO3_6-0 has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/24127

#11

Updated by Susanne Moog over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
#12

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Under Review

Patch set 2 for branch TYPO3_6-0 of project Packages/TYPO3.CMS has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at https://review.typo3.org/24127

#13

Updated by Susanne Moog over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
#14

Updated by Franz Holzinger almost 7 years ago

This bug is still present in the current TYPO3 6.2.1.
The extension to install has this ext_emconf.php:

'depends' => array(
    'cms' => '',
    'div2007' => '1.1.5-',
...

If I install div2007 1.1.5, then the installation of my extension fails.

Could not resolve dependency for "div2007" 
#15

Updated by Philipp Gampe almost 7 years ago

  • Is Regression set to No

The version constraint is wrong. You may not have an empty part after the dash. The error message is almost right. The dependency is wrong.

Please see #58474 to track this bug.

#16

Updated by Benni Mack over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF