Easy installation for Non-Admin
We just discussed a simple way to quickly install TYPO3 on a LAMP.
For that you just need to download one simple and small PHP file,
to install TYPO3 and set all necessary symlinks.
The dream of a simple installation for non-admin would be:
- Create a folder where you like to install TYPO3
- Upload a "easyTYPO3installer.php" to that folder
- Call the file via HTTP in a Browser
- A dialog explain that you have to add a file "ENABLE_EASY_INSTALLER" needs to be added to this Folder, too
- You add that file manually to the previous folder
- Now you reload the PHP file or click "OK" on that dialog to reload the file
- Now everything is setup and a new dialog ask you, if you really like to download & install TYPO3
- The PHP file than ..
- Download the latest, stable TYPO3 version from "get.typo3.org" semi-automatically
- Create the nessesarry symlinks for the "auto-updater"
- Show a Spinner while doing that
- Call the "complex" TYPO3 installer to finally setup TYPO3
Would be awesome if we could archive something like that for not so experienced "administrators".
This would lower the barrier for new user to try TYPO3.
#5 Updated by Sascha Egerer almost 6 years ago
Markus Klein wrote:
Hm... and who creates the empty DB and a user with correct permissions?
The User. But that has also be done if you install it by hand and that should be handled in the install tool.
The idea is to setup the basic structure. Everything else is then handled by the install tool.
#12 Updated by Susanne Moog 7 months ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Assignee deleted (
As this task was not worked on for the last 5 years, I'm closing the ticket for now. It can be reopened once someone decides to work on it (but may need some coordination first on how we want to implement that "today").