Metadata retrieved from table sys_file_metadata does not recognize workspaces. Therefore users in a draft workspace can´t make use of metadata. (Metadata of new files in the LIVE-workspace is empty by default of course.)
Updated by Alex Kellner almost 7 years ago
I think I have the same issue here.
I try to describe it a bit more.
If you're using workspaces and have editors, you have to select DB-Mount-Points for the be_groups. You can let the DB-Mount-Points empty for workspaces but normally you would also select a page. Letting Mount-Points empty for groups had the effect, that the editor have no pages in pagetree. Selecting root is possible for both records as long as you click on save - after a reload "0" is removed.
This is the main issue. Because records of type sys_file_metadata have pid=0 per default. So the editor has no chance to publish a sys_file_metadata record in TYPO3
- TYPO3 6.2.6
- Draft Workspace
- BE-User (editor) with most available rights (really all tables)
- Editor change workspace to draft
- Upload an image in filelist to any folder
- Edit the record and save some title, altText, description
- Editor will also create a new content record (type Image) with a relation to the uploaded image before
- The default title of the image should be used (also description and altText)
- The editor (or another editor) is going to publish the changes, but in Workspace Module only the new tt_content element is shown (not the metadata-record)
- A quick proof confirmed: Changing the pid of the metadata-record directly in the database to any existing page (where the publishing-editor has access to) will help. Now it's possible to publish both records
- So, if I would create an extension with a small TCA configuration to extend sys_file_metadata, I could insert a value to field PID.
BTW: I'm not totally sure but I think ticket #62537 could be related to this one