In the install tool under Configuration presets and then Extbase object cache, they speak about APC cache. But APC works up to PHP 5.4.
There is development in a drop-in replacement APCu which doesn't contain the opcode cache, but does support the other cacheing functionality of APC.
APC cache means the APC User variable cache in this context, this works with PHP 5.5+ through the APCu extension.
This doesn't have to do with the APC opcode cache which is only supported for PHP < 5.5.
Maybe we need to clean up the documentation at this point.
- Target version set to 7.4 (Backend)
- Sprint Focus set to On Location Sprint
- Target version changed from 7.4 (Backend) to 7.5
- Sprint Focus changed from On Location Sprint to Remote Sprint
- Target version changed from 7.5 to 7 LTS
- Category set to Install Tool
- Target version changed from 7 LTS to Candidate for patchlevel
- Status changed from New to Under Review
- Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Also available in: Atom