Bug #64417

"Content elements for selected categories" don't translate

Added by Jan Kiesewetter about 5 years ago. Updated about 1 month ago.

Status:
New
Priority:
Should have
Assignee:
-
Category:
Categorization API
Target version:
-
Start date:
2015-01-22
Due date:
% Done:

0%

TYPO3 Version:
6.2
PHP Version:
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
No
Sprint Focus:
On Location Sprint

Description

The "Content elements for selected categories" is a RECORDS cObject

It doesn't use the translated Content Element title and UID as anchor.

To reproduce:

Create a page with at least one additional language

Create a CE in default language and set a category.
Translate the CE to the additional language (with same category).
Add a Content element of type Menu subtype "Content elements for selected categories" somewhere in default language.
Translate the Menu CE

In the frontend (default language) you will get the right CEs with corresponding Title and anchor link.
On the translated FE you will get the CEs from the default language with anchor links to the default UIDs.

If I set the global TypoScript setting

config.sys_language_overlay = 1

It seems to work. But as this is a global setting it may have some side effects I cannot estimate.

Here my Language settings:

    # German / default
config {
    linkVars = L(int)
    locale_all = de_DE
    language = de
    sys_language_uid = 0
    sys_language_mode = content_fallback
    sys_language_overlay = 1
    htmlTag_setParams = lang="de" class="no-js" 
}

[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
    # English
config.locale_all = en_US
config.language = en
config.sys_language_uid = 1
config.sys_language_mode = content_fallback;0
config.htmlTag_setParams = lang="en" class="no-js" 
[globalVar = GP:L = 2]
    # French
config.locale_all = fr_FR
config.language = fr
config.sys_language_uid = 2
config.sys_language_mode = content_fallback;1,0
config.htmlTag_setParams = lang="fr" class="no-js" 
[globalVar = GP:L = 3]
    # Spanish
config.locale_all = es_ES
config.language = es
config.sys_language_uid = 3
config.sys_language_mode = content_fallback;1,0
config.htmlTag_setParams = lang="es" class="no-js" 
[globalVar = GP:L = 5]
    # Russian
config.locale_all = ru_RU
config.language = ru
config.sys_language_uid = 5
config.sys_language_mode = content_fallback;1,0
config.htmlTag_setParams = lang="ru" class="no-js" 
[GLOBAL]

TYPO3 6.2.9


Related issues

Related to TYPO3 Core - Feature #66155: Backend display of localized records New 2015-03-30

History

#1 Updated by Mathias Schreiber about 5 years ago

  • Target version set to 7.2 (Frontend)

#2 Updated by Benni Mack over 4 years ago

  • Target version changed from 7.2 (Frontend) to 7.4 (Backend)

#3 Updated by Susanne Moog over 4 years ago

  • Target version changed from 7.4 (Backend) to 7.5

#4 Updated by Benni Mack over 4 years ago

  • Target version changed from 7.5 to 7 LTS

#5 Updated by Mathias Schreiber over 4 years ago

  • Target version deleted (7 LTS)

#6 Updated by Riccardo De Contardi over 3 years ago

  • Category set to Categorization API

#7 Updated by Riccardo De Contardi about 1 year ago

I tried the following test with TYPO3 9.5.3:

Prerequisites

  • Brand new TYPO3 9.5.3 with default language (Italian) and an additional language (english, UID=1)
  • Site configuration as following (languages part):
languages:
  -
    title: Italian
    enabled: true
    languageId: '0'
    base: /
    typo3Language: it
    locale: it_IT.UTF-8
    iso-639-1: it
    navigationTitle: Italiano
    hreflang: it-IT
    direction: ''
    flag: it
  -
    title: English
    enabled: true
    languageId: '1'
    base: /en/
    typo3Language: default
    locale: en_EN.UTF-8
    iso-639-1: en
    navigationTitle: English
    hreflang: en-EN
    direction: ''
    fallbackType: strict
    flag: gb
  • No peculiar TypoScript configuration: in fact, I just used the TypoScript that comes out after the standard installation ("create first page...")

Text execution

1) Create a Sysfolder "System"; _ do not translate it_
1.1) Create a category "Test" in 1)
2) Create a page "Page A"

2.1) translate it and call it "Page A Eng"

3) "Page A" (default language)

  • create a content element (Type: header, header "Test header in italian")
  • assign it the category "Test"
  • let's say it has ID=13

3.1) Translate the content element (Translate mode);

  • set as header "Test header in english")
  • let's say it has ID=14
  • you will notice that the translated element already has the "Test" category

3.2) Go to https://www.yoursite.com/page-a/

  • inspect the source code, the element has this code:
<div id="c13" class="frame frame-default frame-type-header frame-layout-0">
    <header>
        <h2 class="">Test header in italian</h2>
    </header>
</div>

3.3) Go to https://www.yoursite.com/en/page-a-eng/

  • inspect the source code, the element has this code:
<div id="c13" class="frame frame-default frame-type-header frame-layout-0">
        <a id="c14"></a>
    <header>
        <h2 class="">Test header in italian</h2>
    </header>
</div>

4) Create a page "Page B"

4.1) translate it and call it "Page B Eng"

5) "Page B" (default language)

  • create a content element (Header "Cat menu ita" Type: Categorized Content)
  • set as "Selected categories": "Test"

5.1) Translate the content element (Translate mode) (Header "Cat menu eng")

  • you will notice that the translated element already has "Selected categories": "Test"

6) Go to https://www.yoursite.com/page-b/

7) Go to https://www.yoursite.com/en/page-b-eng/

#8 Updated by Susanne Moog about 1 month ago

  • Sprint Focus set to On Location Sprint

Also available in: Atom PDF