Bug #64939

Copying a translated page in Workspace duplicates the first content element

Added by Alexandra Stiber over 6 years ago. Updated about 5 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Must have
Assignee:
-
Category:
Workspaces
Target version:
-
Start date:
2015-02-09
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
TYPO3 Version:
6.2
PHP Version:
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
No
Sprint Focus:

Description

  • 6.2.9
  • Workspace

If you copy a page which is translated, the copy of the default language is ok, but the first content element of the translated language is duplicated.


Files

Worskspace_duplicate_ce.png (66.1 KB) Worskspace_duplicate_ce.png Alexandra Stiber, 2015-02-09 15:16
cattura.png (12.7 KB) cattura.png Riccardo De Contardi, 2015-06-08 15:51
Cattura2.PNG (30 KB) Cattura2.PNG Riccardo De Contardi, 2015-06-08 15:51
Cattura3.PNG (50.7 KB) Cattura3.PNG Riccardo De Contardi, 2015-06-08 15:51
Cattura4.PNG (31.8 KB) Cattura4.PNG Riccardo De Contardi, 2015-06-08 15:51
Cattura5.PNG (49 KB) Cattura5.PNG Riccardo De Contardi, 2015-06-08 15:51
Cattura6.PNG (71.3 KB) Cattura6.PNG Riccardo De Contardi, 2015-06-08 15:51
C1-translate.png (24.5 KB) C1-translate.png Riccardo De Contardi, 2015-12-30 19:36
C2-translate.png (63.2 KB) C2-translate.png Riccardo De Contardi, 2015-12-30 19:36
C3-translate.png (51.9 KB) C3-translate.png Riccardo De Contardi, 2015-12-30 19:36

Related issues

Related to TYPO3 Core - Bug #64941: Display of translation after copying a page in workspaceClosed2015-02-09

Actions
Related to TYPO3 Core - Bug #61179: Flaws in copying a page with localized content elementsClosedOliver Hader2014-08-25

Actions
#1

Updated by Riccardo De Contardi about 6 years ago

this is the test I performed on 6.2.12:

LIVE Workspace
1) I create a page bug_64939_ITA and then I transate it in english (See attached CATTURA.PNG)
2) I add a couple of content element to bug_64939_ITA and transate them in english (see attached CATTURA2.PNG)

3) Switch to Draft workspace

4) click on bug_64939_ITA > page action > copy page
5) click on bug_64939_ITA > page action > paste after. (Result: see attached CATTURA3.PNG)
6) also, the translated page has been copied (see CATTURA4.PNG)
6.1) the copied translated page has no "(Copy X)" prefix and is not hidden!
7) all content elements has been translated (see CATTURA5.PNG)
as you can see from CATTURA5.png, there is a "Copy default content elements [1]" link (?!?!?)
if I click on it, it repeats the first content element (see CATTURA6.PNG)

#2

Updated by Daniel Goerz about 6 years ago

After a few testruns and analysis of the created records:

The first ContentElement on the copy of the translated Page has the wrong l18n_parent. It still refers to the originaly copied record on the page that got copied and not (what would be correct) the copy of this very record. This seems to only be true to the very first ContentElement.

#3

Updated by Oliver Hader over 5 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Needs Feedback

I guess this has been fixed with #61179 (available in Git versions only at the moment). Please give feedback, whether the behavior still exists. Thanks!

#4

Updated by Riccardo De Contardi over 5 years ago

I tried to perform the same test I did on comment #1 with both 6.2.16 and the latest master (8.0-dev):

Here are the results:

1) 6.2.16:

the behavior I noticed on point 6.1 is still present, but the bug reported at point 7 is absent, so I think the problem here has been solved

2) latest master
2.1) On the translate popup I select "Translate"
the behavior I noticed on point 6.1 is still present, but the bug reported at point 7 is absent so I think the problem here has been solved; but other problems arise:

when you are still in draft workspace, in the page module > languages mode you have a weird behavior: the content is invisible, and the "translate" buttons still appear (see C1-translate.png)
when you switch to list view, all the content elements seem correct (see C2-translate.png)

2.2) On the translate popup I select "Copy"
In this case, even when I am still in "Live" Workspace (step 2), the content element are not shown in the page module > languages ((C3-copy.png))
If I continue with the test, the results are the same reported here on the "Translate" section.

#5

Updated by Riccardo De Contardi about 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Needs Feedback to Closed

I close this because
- I cannot reproduce it anymore in 6.2.22, 7.6.6 and 8.1.1-dev (latest master)
- all the "weird" behaviors I noticed disappeared on both 7.6.6 and 8.1.1-dev (latest master)

The behavior I noticed on point 6.1 is still present, but it is not related to this issue and I already opened a new issue for it: https://forge.typo3.org/issues/76038

If you think this is the wrong decision or experience the issue again, then let us know (on Slack for example - https://typo3.slack.com/ ) or open a new ticket and add a relation to this ticket number. Thank you

Also available in: Atom PDF