Translated categories can not be (re-)assigned to original record in listview
The select field, l10n_parent, in a translated category record contains only one (if any) record due to wrong TCA configuration.
Line 73 in \typo3_src-6.2.15\typo3\sysext\core\Configuration\TCA\sys_category.php:
'foreign_table_where' => 'AND sys_category.uid=###REC_FIELD_l10n_parent### AND sys_category.sys_language_uid IN (-1,0)'
Might have been:
'foreign_table_where' => 'AND sys_category.parent=###REC_FIELD_parent### AND sys_category.sys_language_uid IN (-1,0)'
#2 Updated by Riccardo De Contardi about 2 months ago
I think I've found a way to reproduce this issue on latest master (by the way: the code mentioned in the description is still present):
1. TYPO3 with more than one language (e.g Italian (Default) and English (ID=1)
2. A page with more that one language
1. On a page (that has a translation) create a category "TEST" (use List view)
2. Translate "TEST" in the other language (call it for example "TEST ENG")
3. in List view > Edit "TEST ENG" > go to "Languages" tab
- the dropdown Transl.Orig
[l10n_parent] has two entries:
 [x] TEST
where [x] is the ID of the "TEST" category
4. Select the empty entry (), save and close
5. Edit again "TEST ENG"
6. Go to "Languages" tab and click on the Transl.Orig
The dropdown contains only the "
" entry, so it is not possible to reassign the category to the original "TEST"
I don't know if this is "by design": in fact, what values should the dropdown show? It should be every category in the default language