Dropdown _langSelector not aware of language mode copy/translate
If an editor choosed copy mode for translating and then adds an new content element and translate it directly from the edit form, he ends up with inconsistent content.Steps to reproduce:
- Create a page
- Translate the page
- Create a content element in the default language
- Translate the content using copy mode (page module)
- Create a second content element
- Choose [NEW] language from the dropdown in the edit form
- Save content and return to page module view
- Now use the warning for inconsistent content
Applies to 7, 8 and 9
- Check current mode before translating on server side *
- Add TSconfig to hide/remove this dropdown (and show only the record language)
- doesn't solve the issue that the user can't choose the mode when translating the first content element over the dropdown
Updated by Presedo Roberto about 4 years ago
- Priority changed from Should have to Must have
- Complexity set to hard
Using TYPO3 8.7.8 here. I'm facing the same issue.
I tried to provide a patch, looking at the code that generates of this drop-down menu, but it seems to me that this is not a problem that can be solved easily.
A content element is not necessarily displayed on the page that stores it. It may also be displayed in several pages (via Typoscript for example) and each page can have a different translation mode.
This may sound silly, but the best solution so far is to hide that drop-down menu, or as in Page mode, ask the user if he wants to make a copy or a translation ...