Bug #84841

image crop (TYPO3 content elemets) and file:current:crop (page media resources) not working

Added by Daniel Schwarz 12 months ago. Updated about 3 hours ago.

Status:
New
Priority:
Should have
Assignee:
-
Category:
Image Cropping
Target version:
-
Start date:
2018-04-23
Due date:
% Done:

0%

TYPO3 Version:
8
PHP Version:
7.1
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
Yes
Sprint Focus:

Description

Hi everybody,

from v.8.7.10 up to 8.7.13 the standard cropping functionality (content element »images only« and »text & images«) and file:current:crop for page media ressources (which was fixed in v.8.7.10 see here: https://forge.typo3.org/issues/82057) is not working anymore or not as expected.

For the standard TYPO3 content elements the output is a processed file in the dimensions of the applied crop but the cropping area is completely ignored. Instead the image is distorded. Switching back to 8.7.10 everything is working as expected.

For page media ressorces (file:current:crop) the crop is completely ignored. The output is the original (not processed) file.

For both cases the cropping preview in the backend is set to none (full image as if there never was a selected cropping area) after saving the element/page.

Best wishes …
Daniel

History

#1 Updated by Philipp Idler 12 months ago

I confirm this issue. Downgrade to 8.7.9 fixed it.

Edit: You have to clear all processed files in t3's install tool to see this behaviour in action.

#2 Updated by Manuel Lieb 12 months ago

Also Fluid Viewhelpers are not working anymore.
<f:image image="{image}" width="800c" height="450c"/>
just shows the original image without processing it.

#3 Updated by Johannes Rebhan 11 months ago

  • Category set to Image Cropping

I can confirm what @Manuel Lieb said. You can see it in action here:

https://www.thurgautravel.ch/reisen/normandie-entlang-des-donauradwegs-passau-budap/

All those images had "c" crop sizes. Removing the "c" fixes the behaviour, but produces horrible distorted images.

#4 Updated by Johannes Rebhan 10 months ago

Just in case someone stumbles on this bug: What seemed to have fixed our particular problem was to update Graphicsmagick from 1.1.x on Mittwald to 1.3.x. After that everything worked like it should again.

#5 Updated by Philipp Idler 10 months ago

Johannes Rebhan wrote:

Just in case someone stumbles on this bug: What seemed to have fixed our particular problem was to update Graphicsmagick from 1.1.x on Mittwald to 1.3.x. After that everything worked like it should again.

Yep, that fixed it. Upgraded graphicsmagick 1.2.7 to 1.3.24. This version dependency should be meantioned somewhere...
Thanks to Johannes Rebhan!

#6 Updated by Christoph Hendreich 10 months ago

Johannes Rebhan wrote:

Just in case someone stumbles on this bug: What seemed to have fixed our particular problem was to update Graphicsmagick from 1.1.x on Mittwald to 1.3.x. After that everything worked like it should again.

Same problem under Graphics Magick 1.3.5, only the version 1.3.24 works correct.

#7 Updated by Sybille Peters 5 months ago

Thanks for reporting this issue!

We got a PR for the docs for this issue. Please also update the docs, if there is a new development with this and / or check the docs right now. Thanks!

See

Also available in: Atom PDF