The date and time are wrong in the log module view
Hello,When I compare the history/undo log of actions and the log module for the same actions :
- history/undo log : the date and time are correct
- log module : the date is 1 day less and the time is 1 hour less
- php.ini timezone
- log module view
- history/undo view
- database record
thank you in advance,
Updated by Sybille Peters about 3 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
Hint: If anything I wrote here helps to reproduce / narrow down / fix problem, ignore the rest. Meaning: you don't have to try it all and answer it all, these are just some ideas to narrow down the problem a little bit further.
date.timezone in your php settings screenshot shows "America/Los_Angeles". On Slack you said CET, correct? CET is 1 hour difference from UTC. So this does not account for the values you are reporting, but it is not consistent, so I guess it's worth a try to set it up consistently.Please try the following:
- setup date.timezone (php.ini) correctly for your timezone, e.g. "Europe/Paris" (see: http://php.net/manual/de/timezones.europe.php)
- Use the same for $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SYS']['phpTimeZone'] (install tool configuration)
See if this changes results or you can still reproduce.
Actually I think it should be enough to set one or the other, but the timezone may not always be evaluated consistently in the core. What you see is probably a bug, but I can't reproduce it yet and it would be great if we could narrow this down some more.
I assume you are using latest 8.7.17.
Are you using workspaces?
Another hint: It's easier to read the issue reports if you insert the images inline (e.g. ) or copy-paste the relevant values (as far as they are actually readable that way) as text.
The date listed in the database record is yet another different date:
tstamp=1532077352 evaluates to Fri Jul 20 11:02:32 CEST 2018
In the details, it says 'User changed workspace ...'. So are you sure, this is the corresponding one? For inserting a record, I get something like 'Record '%s' (%s) was inserted on page '%s' (%s)' in the sys_log, so you can search sys_log with something like:
SELECT FROM_UNIXTIME(tstamp), tstamp, details,tablename,recuid FROM sys_log WHERE details LIKE '%inserted%' AND tablename = 'tt_content' ORDER BY tstamp DESC LIMIT 10;
or a combination of sys_log / history:
SELECT FROM_UNIXTIME(log.tstamp),FROM_UNIXTIME(history.tstamp),log.action,log.details,log.recuid,log.tablename FROM sys_log log LEFT JOIN sys_history history ON log.uid=history.sys_log_uid WHERE log.details LIKE '%inserted%' AND log.tablename='tt_content' ORDER BY log.tstamp DESC LIMIT 10;
Updated by Rachel Foucard over 2 years ago
I did the test again this morning, and the problem disappeared even though I didn't change any settings. On the other hand, we have switched to winter time since 27 October, I think that's what has fixed the problem for the next 6 months.
Updated by Riccardo De Contardi over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Needs Feedback to New
Thank you for your answer and sorry for my late reply. I change for now the status of this issue to "new" - it seems that the issue, as far as I have understood, is about winter time/daylight savings time not considered.