Rootline of non-translated subpage isn't built using translated slugs
Calling a subpage in an alternative language which itself was not translated makes the parent pages (pages in the rootline to this subpage) using the default language slug values although these are translated.
- From my perspective this feels like a bug
- From the perspective of an upgrade from =< TYPO3 8.7 with RealUrl this issue makes real troubles from an SEO perspective (at least if you have many sub-/pages or many translations where it makes no sense to manually translate the affected subpages)
- I wonder if this is a mistake of the editor who doesn't translated all pages due the fact, that some of the default language pages are already have the same wording as a translated page (they used english for some pages in the default language german))
Affects¶It affects a webpage which I upgraded from 7.6 to 8.7 to 9.5
- where the URL of a non-translated subpage in language-uid 1 was
- and is now (in TYPO3 9.5 with the Core's routing mechanisms)
- publikationen (translated page; slug field value of translated page: @publications@ |- working-papers (translated page; slug field value of translated page: @working-papers@) |- detail-working-paper (non-translated page)
What did I expect?¶
If the subpage isn't translated, the translated slugs of their parent pages up the rootline are built from their translated slug values.
- Clearify if the actual behaviour is on purpose
- Possibly change the actual behaviour if it's somehow a bug