Filter mode does not highlight search term with umlaut at the beginning
When using the filter mode on the pagetree in the backend, the searched word is highlighted in the names of the pages that are shown as search results in the tree.
This works fine, as long as the search term doesn't start with an umlaut.
- Create a page called "Über uns"
- Search for "uns" -> the word "uns" is correctly highglighted
- Search for "Über" -> the word is not highlichted as expected
I just tested this in v4.7.4 where it works fine as expected, so I guess something has changed in 6.0-dev only.
Updated by Benni Mack almost 6 years ago
- Status changed from Accepted to Needs Feedback
- Assignee set to Benni Mack
- Target version deleted (
what can I say - "it works on my machine". Just tested on a latest master installation from today... Could you nail the issue down to a e.g. charset problem of server or DB?
Updated by Mario Rimann almost 6 years ago
Nah, no charset issues I guess (tested on a fresh 6.2.x installation again to be sure - no 7.x at hand right now)
What I see is the following:
- given a page called "Über uns" (notice the upper-case Ü and the lowercase "u")
- searching for upper-case "Uns" highlights the lower-case "uns" in the page-title as expected
- searching for lower-case "uns" highlights the lower-case "uns" in the page-title as expected
- searching for upper-case "Über" highlights the upper-case "Über" in the page-title as expected
- searching for lower-case "über" does not highlight the upper-case word "Über" in the page-title
And I fear the whole issue was not about the umlaut itself (upper/lower-case mix in the original issue I reported), but a also about the capitalizaton (?) of the letters: For non-umlauts it doesn't matter, but for umlauts it matters whether it's upper- or lower-case.
Hope this helps...?