Edit icons (pencils) still visible in WS even though use has no modify access
When a user had no access to modify a certain table (as defined in access lists) then the pencils in the record listing are not shown. This doesn't work when working in a workspace. The pencils are still there and clicking them will get you in a blank screen that you cannot exit.
There are even save buttons in the top toolbar that generate a token error when clicking them.
Holds for 4.5 up till 6.0
#2 Updated by Jigal van Hemert about 7 years ago
- Status changed from New to Accepted
- Target version set to 4.5.20
- edit non-admin user / usergroup
- Access lists > Tables (listing) > mark "Website User"
- Access lists > Tables (modify) > make sure "Website User" is NOT checked
This user can now view the FE users, has access to the edit icon, but sees a blank form.