Missing function to clear processed images (FAL image cache)
There is no functionality in TYPO3 6.2 that allows to clear the new image cache (processed folders in typo3temp and file storages + sys_file_processedfile database table).
To clear the table a function exists in the Upgrade Wizard, but it is not available after completing a migration and it does not delete the files on file storages, so there are lots of files left without reference (do they get deleted someday?).
A "trigger" to delete processed files (i. e. a hook in the core "clear cache" function) should be available in every FAL Driver like S3 and so on.
#1 Updated by Ingo Schmitt almost 6 years ago
- Status changed from New to Needs Feedback
if you just delete the processed files, you would end up in a frontend with missing images, since the frontend would deliver cached pages with image references. Thus the page cache must also be cleared.
Can you provide a use case, why the already generated images should be cleared by a backend task (Besides of cleaning this directory)?
#2 Updated by Christian Ludwig almost 6 years ago
You are right, the page cache should be cleared too.
The reason why a clear cache function for FAL is needed are the same as they are for the old image system.
- Clean up unneeded image sizes (i. e. when image size was globally changed by TypoScript setting)
- Clean up database an file system from all temp data before backups
- Clean up temp files, when original images got deleted by external process (WebDAV, rsync, ...)
- Problems with bugs in current FAL version (i. e. change image file by FTP or other application, wrong image sizes, ...)