Story #69712: Further FormEngine development
requestUpdate does not work on Group Elements
If i set a group element with size1, so it acts like a select box, the requestUpdate feature does not work.
[!!!][TASK] Improve flex and TCA handling in FormEngine
The patch adapts a series of nasty form engine areas to more solid
code. The evaluate condition code is rewritten and works much better
in flex form scenarios. The suggest wizard and svg tree are much
more solid in flex forms. The group element is rewritten
towards a better readable and easier to refactor code, dropping
method dbFileIcons(). A bunch of issues is resolved along the way.
- TCA "default" now works in flex form section container elements
- The "displayCond" parser is now strict and throws exceptions on
invalid syntax and wrong referenced fields to help debugging
faulty display conditions
- TCA displayCond on flex fields can now be prefixed with the
sheet name and can reference field values from neighbor sheets
- TCA displayCond now works with flex section containers
- TCA flex section container now throw an exception if select or
group fields configure a MM relation - this is not supported
- TCA ctrl requestUpdate field is dropped, onChange=reload is now allowed
not only on flex form fields, but also on normal columns fields
- TCA tree now works as section container element and initializes
correctly on new records and new containers
- GroupElement rewrite to drop dbFileIcons()
- config option maxitems now optional for type=group and type=select
and defaults to "many items allowed"
- inline now works in "fancy" flex situations with "new" records
by handing the final dataStructureIdentifier around
- FormEngine no longer loads extJS
Tested-by: TYPO3com <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reviewed-by: Benni Mack <email@example.com>
Tested-by: Benni Mack <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reviewed-by: Anja Leichsenring <email@example.com>
Tested-by: Anja Leichsenring <firstname.lastname@example.org>
#1 Updated by Philipp Wrann over 4 years ago
It looks like this could only be done in TYPO3\CMS\Recordlist\Browser\ElementBrowser (::762?)
When a group value is changed an the field is set as requestUpdate Field it should be updated.
Maybe simply add a dataset-attribute to the target input field that says requestUpdate=1 and if the new value is set from TCEMain the form is submitted like it is a select field.