Security update warning in the system information panel
Backend User Interface
Is it an idea to add a warning in the system information panel, if there is a minor typo3 update available especially for security updates?
This would mean a GET-Request every time an admin logs in to be able to show a notification. We have to check this with the server team. It might be possible to cache this and request that info only once a day.
In general I like the idea.
- Subject changed from Typo3 update warning in the system information panel to Security update warning in the system information panel
- Category set to Backend User Interface
- Assignee set to Stephan Großberndt
- Assignee deleted (
A good idea, but I would suggest a more prominent position for a security update information (and not only for admin users).
The more users are poking the admin to upgrade, the better.
Also, there should be an option to deactivate this check for systems with no internet access.
- Target version changed from 8 LTS to 9.0
- Target version deleted (
- Duplicated by Feature #85843: Show update status of TYPO3 to backend users added
- Status changed from New to Resolved
this is already part of the reports module which is shown to admins and also can be configured to be sent as email via scheduler. therefore I am closing this issue.
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Also available in: Atom