mod.SHARED.disableLanguages is not respected in tt_content language field
In TYPO3 8:
steps to reproduce
1. set mod.SHARED.disableLanguages
2. edit tt_content
3. see the list of available languages not being filtered in the tt_content "language" select
This feature was implemented originally in https://forge.typo3.org/issues/20014
and is documented in
Updated by Riccardo De Contardi almost 2 years ago
I tested this TS property on 6.2.31, 7.6.32, 8.7.26, 9.5.7 and 10.0.0-dev (latest master); and so far I've seen that
- it seems to affect only the "make new translation of this page" link in page module > languages view
- It works only on 7.6.32 and 8.7.26 (and only for the link I mentioned)
I don't know if it has ever meant to work as described on this issue; the documentation https://docs.typo3.org/m/typo3/reference-tsconfig/master/en-us/PageTsconfig/Mod.html#disablelanguages just says:
Comma-separated list of language UID which will be disabled in the given page tree.
Updated by Benni Mack over 1 year ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
I will close this issue now. It's a matter of a very bad conceptual problem which we overcame with Site Languages where you can do this on a per-tree level, and also on a per user and per-workspace level, if necessary.
This option now works for all areas (page module, form engine etc).
Hope it's oK with you, but it's hard to fix in TYPO3 v8, and putting the energy in there does not seem reasonable.