deleting a file inside _recycler_ folder generates new file with preview_ prefix
- Add a folder called recycler
- Delete any image file somewhere inside fileadmin
- Take a look inside recycler folder and see (first bug) an additional preview_-File
- Try to delete one of those files inside recycler folder and see the new generated files with preview_ prefix
- Same problem exists if you try to delete old files using scheduler task
Updated by Alexander Grein over 3 years ago
- Open Backend-Module Filelist
- Click on the root of "fileadmin/ (auto-created)" storage
- Click on the Plus-Sign to add a new folder named `_recycler_`
- Go to any other folder and upload a picture (e.g. a png image) to it
- Click on the same folder again, where you uploaded the picture and press the delete icon (bucket), available in the extended view
- Change to the former created `_recycler_` folder and realize two new files: the deleted one and a file named 'preview_' + filename_of_the_deleted_file_without_extension + '_' + hash + fileextension_of_the_deleted_file
- Deleting the deleted file inside this recycler folder again, by pressing the delete icon works perfect
- Try to delete the 'preview_'-file ends with a new generated preview-file with this schema: + 'preview_preview_' + filename_of_the_deleted_file_without_extension + '_' + hash + '_' + hash + fileextension_of_the_deleted_file
- If you try to delete this again you will get a new file 'preview_preview_preview_' + filename_of_the_deleted_file_without_extension + '_' + hash + '_' + hash + '_' + hash + fileextension_of_the_deleted_file
- And so on
Updated by Guido S. over 3 years ago
Can confirm it with latest master (9.2.-dev)
CASE A: "normal" <filename> I get a new file preview_<filename>_<hash>
If you upload a file TYPO3 generates a preview image in typo3\sysext\core\Classes\Resource\Processing\LocalPreviewHelper.php::process() So if you delete the parent, you should delete the child. That's fine. I think we can delete this image file directly. If you recover the original file, it generates a new preview image.
CASE B: Recursive preview files is reproducable with option "Display thumbnails"
If you have delete the preview image and activate "display thumbnails" the processTask generate a new preview image. If we handle Case A correctly (delete preview image), we haven't got this problem.