Exception thrown when searching for files: You are not allowed to access the given folder
After upgrading to TYPO3 9.5.5 while editors search in File list an exception is thrown.
It seems that the system searches files in file mounts that are not assigned to the editor.
#4 Updated by Chinnu Leela 8 months ago
To explain the situation suppose two folder structure exist
The editor has access permission only to 'FolderTwo'.
Once he/she searches 'abc' in data folder list, triggers an error
'You are not allowed to access the given folder: "FolderOne"'
#7 Updated by Riccardo De Contardi 7 months ago
- Status changed from Needs Feedback to New
The problem still occurs on both 9.5.7 and 10.0.0-dev with the following Steps
1. Create a folder /fileadmin/Images
1.1 Upload in there a file e.g. sample.jpg
2 Create a folder /fileadmin/Images_2
2.1 Upload in there a file e.g. sample_other.jpg
3. Create a filemount "Images" that points to 1. (/fileadmin/Images)
4. Create a filemount "Images_2" that points to 2. (/fileadmin/Images_2)
5. Create a usergroup "Editors"
5.1 Assign only the filemount 4. ("Images")
5.2 Assign to it enough permissions (e.g. the "Filelist module)
6. Create a user "editor" and assign to it the group 5 ("Editors")
1. Switch to "Editor" user
2. Go to Filelist module
3. Try to search for "Sample"
You are not allowed to access the given folder: "Images_2"
- no exception should be thrown
- the search should only be executed on the allowed folders.
#10 Updated by Sybille Peters about 1 month ago
I had this problem too. The filelist search tries to access files outside of the file mount.
Reproduced with 9.5.11
1. Searching (as editor) in fileadmin/user_upload/a (is filemount)
2. Tries to access file in fileadmin/user_upload/b/images/
It seems to me it is the same problem as Riccardo described.