Site error handling: "Show content from page" for 404 should render page directly
Link Handling, Site Handling & Routing
Currently displaying a 404-page with "content from page" (pointing to a page by its uid) results in curl fetching the content to display. That's another roundtrip, adds load to the webserver and in some environments might even cause additional problems (https-validation not working, ...).
Instead it would be great to render that page-content directly.
- Subject changed from 404-handling: "Show content from page" should render page directly to Site error handling: "Show content from page" for 404 should render page directly
- Related to Bug #86935: Cannot fetch 404 page with simple base added
- Status changed from New to Accepted
- Target version set to Candidate for Major Version
I have a PoC for that already, and it works, but has side effects in v9 ofc. v10 is clean and possible.
- Tracker changed from Task to Feature
Also available in: Atom