Naming of admin vs. system maintainer privilege levels and modules is confusing
I find it confusing, that "admin" has access to SYSTEM module while system maintainer has additional access to ADMIN TOOLS (contrary to the admin).
Solution might be to switch the names for ADMIN TOOLS and SYSTEM module.
- is called admin in db: be_users.admin
- is called admin in BE users form
- has additional access to SYSTEM module (but not to ADMIN TOOLS)
- has additional access to "ADMIN TOOLS"
Updated by Sybille Peters 7 months ago
Result of mini-poll on Slack
1. (0 votes) Yes, use "Admin Tools" instead of "Install Tool", leave ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL
2. (2 votes) [!] name it to "System Tools", switch "Admin Tools" <-- > "System" but only change the labels (not the module signature), leave ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL
3. (5 votes) huge [!!!] switch "Admin Tools" and "System" BE modules, name "Install Tool to "System Tools" and rename ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL to ENABLE_SYSTEM_TOOLS
4. (1 vote) something else?
Option 3 (switch modules, breaking) has the most votes (5) - Georg Ringer, Benni, Simon, Björn Jacob, Paul Hansen, Sybille