Make new pages toolbar open by default in the page tree
1) make page type icons being visible by default (so the icon with plus is selected)
2) disable possibility to close hide page type icons, so the plus icon and filter icon works like a tabs. Either you have page types open or search open.
Updated by Armin Vieweg almost 13 years ago
My original request:
The new ajax page tree extension has the feature in the very top of page tree to add new items via drag and drop. But before I can start to drag, I have to activate the list of possible items, by a click to the very top icon.
It happens to me several times, that I've tried to drag this initial button to the page tree, which of cause not works.
My feature wish is that the "create new items tab" is selected per default and shows the items to drag directly. This seems to be just a question of usability.
Maybe it is meaningful, if it is configurable to show optionaly the filter field per default.
Reply of Jens Hoffmann:
1. Wrong Tracker! Next Time please add this to the Forge Usability Tracker.
@Armin: Open a New Issue at Forge Usability for this! Copy your Text in there.
Hereby done ;-)
2. I got your point and we need find a solution for this "wired" user behavior.
- Change the Top-Icon so something more meaning full and less misleading.
- Add a TS Flag to open this "Tab" be default
- Add a message and trigger the open process if someone drag this Top-Icon
Thanks for your attension!