Copy/Cut and Paste Improvements
Backend User Interface
(Total: 0.00 h)
using copy'n'paste of ce's in integrated backend is a bit ugly.
Copy to a page without content
1. copy content from a page with content
2. open a page without content -> no way of insertion
-> switch to list
-> make visible
-> switch to page -> editable
Copy to the same page / a page with content
1. using the context menu is not very common in webapps.
the way tv makes copy'n'paste has much better usability:
add paste icons before and after any ce.
Hope that helps the usability team.
thanks for your suggestion. Bit hard to understand, but I got it :P
And we are already working on that. At the code sprint in Berlin
we discussed that topic. At the UXW09 I started to create Screens
for that and Lars worked on them in Berlin again. We wish to fully
streamline the UI of the Page Module between TV and the Classic
approach. For sure the current Page Module isn't the way to go!
sry, forgott to tell you, that i were in the page module :(
Steffen K. told me, in the list, that he's also working in that problem.
- Subject changed from usability copy'n'paste in old backend (4.5 to Page Modul (4.5) copy'n'paste not comfortable to use
is there still no solution for that? ;-(
I'd really appreciate it. :-)
- Status changed from New to Needs Feedback
- Priority changed from Should have to Could have
@UWE: Feel free to create a patch or a visual solution. ;)
I would suggest something like the way on the image ( idea is taken from templavoila ...)
Also please consider the GridElements approach.
Let us just add the icons next to the 'plus' icons.
well i like the TV approach, as the insert icons appear exactly at the position where the content will be placed after click. This is much easier to understand than toolbar icons :D
- Target version set to TYPO3 7
As the new Page-Modul is like TV, we are talking about the same thing.
TV will be changed, too. So both ways are just the same - for a user.
I like the TV approach, too.
- Status changed from Needs Feedback to Accepted
- Target version deleted (
- Subject changed from Page Modul (4.5) copy'n'paste not comfortable to use to Page Modul "copy'n'paste" not comfortable to use
- Tracker changed from Suggestion to Epic
- Subject changed from Page Modul "copy'n'paste" not comfortable to use to Copy/Cut and Paste Improvements
- Status changed from Accepted to Under Review
- Project changed from 78 to TYPO3 Core
- Category changed from Usability to Backend User Interface
- Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
- % Done changed from 83 to 100
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Also available in: Atom