Broken Rootline when a editor views a draft version in Liveworkspace
When a editor wants to preview a draft version in the liveworkspace the following error is shown:
"The requested page didn't have a proper connection to the tree-root!
This error does not occur if the user has administration rights.
TYPO3 Version 4.1.3
The same or a similar issue was already reported and should have been resolved in version 4.1.2.
- Fixed bug #1893: Broken Rootline when a Editor view a Page that is not online
(issue imported from #M6772)
Updated by Thomas Rehhoff about 11 years ago
Along the same line: This is both for admins and non-admins btw.
1) Make a new version of a page (or a page and it's content - doesn't matter) - in live workspace.
2) switch to version preview (by right clicking on the page and in the click-menu choose "versioning" - NOT by using the Versioning-module!))
3) now you have Version overview and se the 2 versions of the page nicely aligned.
4) Click the preview icon of the unswaped page = you get the broken rootline error as mentioned in teh bugreport.
Btw, it's completely confusing, that there's a module "Versioning" and a clickmenu item called "Versioning" - but the y lead to completely different interfaces and functions of TYPO3.