Install Tool allows editing settings added by extensions duplicating them on the way
When I save 'Install Tool' / 'All Configuration', I get (while not having changed anything!):
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['defaultTypoScript_constants'] = '[GLOBAL]\' . LF . \'extension.pdf_generator2.typeNum = 123';
This was already fixed with the patch of bug #21501 and TYPO3 4.4.1. but somehow the bug still occurs in TYPO3 4.4.7.
1) I have installed "pdf_generator2" that does
t3lib_extMgm::addTypoScriptConstants('extension.pdf_generator2.typeNum = 123");
2) Every save in 'Install Tool' / 'All Configuration' duplicates the contents of $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['defaultTypoScript_constants']
(issue imported from #M17813)
Updated by Ernesto Baschny over 10 years ago
- Subject changed from Install Tool duplicates values of textarea fields to Install Tool allows editing settings added by extensions duplicating them on the way
- Category set to Install Tool
- Status changed from New to Accepted
- Assignee set to Ernesto Baschny
- Complexity set to medium
The problem is not of duplicating "multi-line fields" (as it was before, and fixed in the mentioned issue #21501).
In this case the problem is that the Install Tool is allowing to edit settings which are added by Extensions (through e.g. t3lib_extMgm::addTypoScriptSetup). These additions are appended to existing settings. So each time you edit and save these again, more and more lines will be generated.
Solution is to track the settings which are added by extensions (through the API) and don't allow to edit this specific snippets.