I figured out somekind of real big and ugly bug.
When using IRRE in an extension like powermail, the child fields won't get created in the workspace mode.
I thinks that since Workspace is part of the core now, this kind of has got its place here.
Here how to reproduce:
Install powermail (don't event need to configure highly)
- Create a content element of type powermail
- Create a fieldset
- Create a field in this fieldset
- Set a recipient (since it's somekind of needed in some versions)
Now go to workspace mode. Copy the element and paste it. You can be a adminstrator or normal TYPO3 user, this doesn't matter. When you open the newly copied element, you'll see, that the element has no fieldset nor fields and they aren't in the database though.
What I firgured out:
- The content get's processed properly
- The fields of the child elements get processed, event the child elements of the content child element
- for some reason, there is nothing written to the child tables.
I tested this with the latest trunk version of class.t3lib_tcemain.php of TYPO3 4.5.3
I'll continue watching out for a solution, but since I didn't find yet the point where it get's problematic, I'm not very confident...
Thanks for your support.